Re: debug-ignored-errors usage

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: debug-ignored-errors usage
Date: Fri, 03 May 2019 06:16:43 +0200

Eric Abrahamsen wrote:

> The docstring explains it: these are errors
> that _won't_ trigger the debugger even if
> you've toggled debug-on-error t.

This

    (/ 1 0)

triggers the error (arith-error) for me but the
second time I do it it just says "Arithmetic
error" in the minibuffer. And the third time
etc ...

So the debugger is only triggered once per
error type? Is this why I never see the
debugger half-window despite not doing anything
to not see it? I just have Emacs on and before
long there aren't any errors I haven't
seen already?

Also, putting beginning-of-buffer in
`debug-ignored-errors' still echoes
"Beginning of buffer" in the minibuffer when
that happens.

So what does it really achieve: you don't get
the debugger window _the first time either_,
but you still get the message every time
like always?

Because perhaps that message is not part of the
actual error? Which, if so, is wierd, because
from the name of the error, and spelling of the
message, it sure sounds like they are a pretty
close match!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573