Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2019 03:27:54 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I agree that our situation with IDE features
> is quite bleak

What IDE features are those? (Not
a rhetorical question.)

Actually in the literal sense of the word
(acronym) I think Emacs is the _ultimate_ IDE
for doing anything and everything with
a computer.

I couldn't stand having one program for HTML,
one for LaTeX, one for Lisp, and so on. And if
they (the dedicated IDEs) have special features
which we don't in our major modes, isn't this
also a question of ~"nobody has been motivated
to do it"?

And if nobody has or is, why care/complain
about it? Let it be, man.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573