Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 16:12:52 +0200

Ergus <spacibba@aol.com> writes:

>>Free Software is not a factor *today*, because most competitors are Free
>>Software too. Even Visual Studio Code is MIT-licensed.
>>
> I will no go in the free vs open source here. But no, most of the
> editors are open source, not free.

Open Source is Free Software, at least for licenses like MIT that
respects the user's esseential freedoms as defined by the GNU manifesto:

https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/open-source-misses-the-point.html

As for the other points on your message, I can't go into lenghty
discussions now but I agree on everything Eli said on his response.