Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 17:36:51 +0300

> From: Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru>
> Date: Fri, 17 May 2019 16:43:14 +0300
>
> On 17.05.2019 16:35, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > No, that we have lots of inconsistencies in keybindings (or
> > elsewhere).
>
> That would be a more difficult discussion

You said you thought the competition was more popular because they are
more consistent.  We need evidence to support that, if we are to
believe that this is a reason.  And if it is a reason, we should work
to eliminate those inconsistencies.

Thus, a single example certainly is not enough to identify a general
problem that could explain why we are less popular.

> Why not fix at least one thing, then?

I didn't say I objected to such a change.  So this question is not for
me to answer.