Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Van L
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Sun, 19 May 2019 18:16:27 +1000

Emanuel Berg writes:

> Ergus wrote:
> I don't consider myself an Emacs expert -
> far from it. But I've been here for 10+
> years, so I'm happy with my Emacs and my
> skill level.  But this place still
> doesn't feel like home!  That is strange.

Is it possible to have the best of all possible
worlds?

For conservatives, a winter release of old gold keybindings.
For the free radicals, a spring release with modernizations.

When I use a long M-x sequence, a shortcut suggestion appears. It disappears
before I can catch it. Can it stay for 30 seconds? Can there be an instant
interactive override to set it whatever you like? Evolutionary programming of
popular custom keybindings collected at upstream and put thru obstacle course
competition is one way of composing a spring release.

--
© 2019 Van L
gpg using EEF2 37E9 3840 0D5D 9183  251E 9830 384E 9683 B835