Re: Google Gmail mailing list bounces

From: Emanuel Berg
Date: Fri, 24 May 2019 01:44:31 +0200

Bob Proulx wrote:

> Mailman then adds a Reply-To header back to
> the original sender. For this mailing list
> that is new. I also think undesirable. I feel
> certain it will have the effect of many
> people posting getting a direct reply back to
> them instead of back to the mailing list.
> But that is the Mailman setting and
> a consequence of the strict DMARC policies of
> the sender.

"The sender" - you mean me, well, my e-mail
service provider, anyway? So Zoho is incorrect
blaming Gmail?

But, why would "strict policies" of the
sender's part make others block the messages as
spam? Shouldn't it be the other way around?

I'm too ignorant in this business, but if you
(or anyone else for that matter) were to
summarize the problem in like a couple of
sentences, I can tell Zoho about it.
Perhaps it'll help.

But perhaps it's just a matter of time until
the problem reappears for me, or for someone
else...

Ha! I always cause problems here! First it was
the Usenet newsgroup (gnu.emacs.help, breaking
threads), and now this. Interesting also that
Usenet and Zoho probably are as far as two
things can be from each other...

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573