Re: Is Elisp really that slow?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Is Elisp really that slow?
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2019 08:02:39 +0200

Robert Thorpe wrote:

>> But the main problem is not the char you use
>> but that you have to hold this modifiers,
>> which "reduces ergonomics" as compromise
>> I would also be ok with having some sort of
>> sticky keys? and you press once Ctrl release
>> then press c c. But this is not even
>> a optional feature in emacs:
>> https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/StickyModifiers
>
> In Emacs sticky keys aren't so simple.
> The one you give is a fairly good example.

I have sticky keys here (I think?) [1] and
I didn't even know that was their official
name. I use them to navigate the filesystem but
yes, they can be used to invoke functions
as well.

So for example, to go to that particular file,
I hit

C-j e n

e = Emacs/Elisp file
n = navigate [the filesystem]

As you see, mnemonic which is all-but necessary
in this case since there are so many files.
Another example, to go to

    ~/.emacs.d/emacs-init/gnus/message-my.el [2]

I hit

C-j e g M

e = again Emacs/Elisp file
g = Gnus