Re: Ctrl-[ ?

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Ctrl-[ ?
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2019 05:36:07 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> I'm finding that Ctrl-[ is associated to Esc
> but I have nothing like this in my init file.
>
> Hitting Ctrl-[ in C-h k also gives Esc.

You can have that if you use Emacs in a
Linux VT/tty/the console.

I have C-[ tell me, when I hit it right now
typing this, that <C-left-bracket> is
undefined! (That means, it can be defined just
like any other keystroke, only it isn't, at
least not in this mode.)

Here is a tutorial [1] I wrote a long time ago.
Probably, I would put things a little
differently if I'd revise it today. But I don't
feel the need to do so as the technical side of
it should be correct.

[1] https://dataswamp.org/~incal/tty-emacs-keys.txt

--
underground experts united