Re: Avoiding selection in quail

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Avoiding selection in quail
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 21:16:29 +0300

> From: Douglas Lewan <d.lewan2000@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2019 13:36:57 -0400
>
> I'd like to add "|N" --> "ℕ" (among a few others) to latin-1-prefix:
>
> (with-temp-buffer
>    (set-input-method 'latin-1-prefix)
>    (quail-defrule "|N" "̱ℕ")
>    ...))
>
> When I type "|N" quail gives me a list to choose from.

What kind of "list" is that?  Please show what you see in the echo
area after typing | and after typing N that follows.

Also, it could be that the other rules you added are relevant, so
please show them all.

In general, if Emacs shows several possible sequences, it means what
you typed is ambiguous and can be the beginning of more than one full
sequence.