Re: Tying buffers to frames

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Tying buffers to frames
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2019 17:58:16 +0300

> From: Perry Smith <pedz@easesoftware.com>
> Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 08:43:42 -0500
>
> Can emacs (current 26.2) tie buffers to display only on a particular frame?

We have dedicated windows that can be tied to their buffers.

> I usually work with just one frame and its mostly because the buffers can’t
> read my mind on which frame I want them to be on so it takes time to put them
> on the frame I want and that usually makes the use of multiple frames more
> costly than just using one frame.

Actually, I believe that when Emacs chooses a window to display a
buffer, it prefers a window on a frame where that buffer was last
displayed.  So to some degree Emacs does try to read your mind.  It
isn't as tight as dedicated windows, of course.