Re: comic-book-insult

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: comic-book-insult
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 19:32:59 +0200

Jean Louis wrote:

> Thanks, now I learned how to scramble words
> like this below in Emacs. But I have no idea
> what means (lambda (_ __)

It is an anonymous function (lambda) with two
anonymous arguments (_ and __), they are
denoted with underscores so one can see they
are not used - if they were called element-1
and element-2, the byte-compiler will warn
about unused lexical arguments.

Why not just lambda ()? The truth is out there
in the docstring of `sort'.

> (scramble-string "Hello there, Emacs is very
> cool piece of software")
>
> => "Hlelo theer, Eamcs is vrey cool peice of
> sfotware "

It's time to take scrambling to the next level:

(scramble-string "Hello there, Emacs is very
cool piece of software")

"aye eposrr lvre olsec,ewfico ceti ftomH hseoa
l E"

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573