Re: Searching in Gnus: gnus-group-make-nnir-group does not recurse into

From: Bob Newell
Subject: Re: Searching in Gnus: gnus-group-make-nnir-group does not recurse into subtopics
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2019 07:59:11 -1000

Aloha,

"When I initiate a search (gnus-group-make-nnir-group) with the
cursor on a topic, only the immediate subtopics are searched,
the topic hierarchy is not traversed recursively"

A brief look at the code tells me that indeed a search from
the topic level is non-recursive and specifically does not
recognize or descend into sub-topics.

You could write your own code to accomplish this, although it
might be quite some little effort to do so.

Sorry for the unhelpful response. Perhaps someone else knows a
way to accomplish this that I'm missing (short of installing
mairex or the like). It would indeed be a useful feature.

One hackish solution might be to temporarily switch out of
topic mode and then search from the very top, but that would
likely give you a search domain much larger than you might
wish.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i