Re: org-hide-emphasis-markers

From: Colin Baxter
Subject: Re: org-hide-emphasis-markers
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2020 09:15:16 +0000

Dear Joost,

Thanks. I've used you second suggestion and it works beautifully. I
haven't tried your first suggestion since I already have trouble
remembering what I've put in my emacs-init file without adding to the
memory problem.

Thanks again,,
Best wishes,
Colin.

    > On Fri, Mar 06 2020, Colin Baxter wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is it possible to set the org-mode variable
    >> 'org-hide-emphasis-markers' as a local variables? I've tried
    >>
    >> # eval: (setq org-hide-emphasis-markers t)
    >>
    >> but that turns it on globally.

    > You could try putting the following in your init file:

    >    (make-variable-buffer-local 'org-hide-emphasis-markers)

    > and then use a file-local variable setting. It should be enough to
    > do:

    > # org-hide-emphasis-markers: t

    > There shouldn't be a need for `eval` in this case.

    > If that approach doesn't work (I don't see why it wouldn't
    > though), you could try the following in your local variable block:

    > # eval: (set (make-local-variable 'org-hide-emphasis-markers) t)

    > HTH

    > -- Joost Kremers Life has its moments

Colin Baxter
www.Colin-Baxter.com
GnuPG fingerprint: 68A8 799C 0230 16E7 BF68  2A27 BBFA 2492 91F5 41C8
The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people to sit
quietly in their rooms.  Blaise Pascal, 1670