Re: Width of fringes

From: Lele Gaifax
Subject: Re: Width of fringes
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2020 14:36:07 +0100

<tomas@tuxteam.de> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 21, 2020 at 12:18:28PM +0100, Lele Gaifax wrote:
>> Everything is going smooth, but I have a "visual glitch" that I was not able
>> to understand: while with standard settings (ie "emacs -Q") all three symbols
>> appear "complete", using my own configuration they appear "truncated" on the
>> left, in other words for example the 'hollow-rectangle comes out as
>
> You can customize the "fringe-mode": it can be nil (default, 8 pixels each),
> a cons of two integers (left and right fringe width) and one integer (both).
>
> M-x customize, then search for "fringe".

Yes, I found that, but I'd really prefer to understand why/what is causing
different widths of the left/right fringe, given that a) nothing in my
customization explicitly set neither fringe-mode, nor fringe-style, nor
left/right-fringe-width. As said, "emacs -Q" draws them with an equal width...

Thanks a lot,
ciao, lele.
lele@metapensiero.it  |                 -- Fortunato Depero, 1929.