Info viewer: Links to function documentations?

From: H. Dieter Wilhelm
Subject: Info viewer: Links to function documentations?
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 11:20:29 +0100

Hello Emacs

The self-documenting capapilities of GNU-Emacs are so nice that I'm
wondering, a bit, why they are not available for the info viewer in
Emacs?

For example: When I'm writing `command-name' in a mode documentation
Emacs creates automatically a link to the function documentation.  When
I'm writing the same in an info documentation it is shown as
´command-name', a dead string under Emacs' info viewer.  And the user
has to know that typing "C-h f" is accesses this documention.

Is such an implementation so much work and not worth doing it?  Is the
usage of info style documentation lessening overall?

And while I'm at it, Texinfo allows to include images.  It would be
helpful if they were available for the info viewer - under Emacs - as
well.. :-)

Thank you for your opinion

--
Best wishes