Re: Emacs as a translator's tool

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Emacs as a translator's tool
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 03:39:57 +0200

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote:

> Sure. You may want to take a look at the standard.

Do you have the actual set of rules?

I found this quote:

   SRX make use of the ICU Regular Expression
   syntax,^[3] but not all programming languages
   support all ICU expressions, making implementing
   SRX in some languages difficult or impossible.
   Java is an example of this. [1]

Heh, poor Java, well if I had the rules I'm pretty
confident we can implement them in one form or
another...

And I found a list

  * Pangolin is a free open-source SRX editor.
    <https://github.com/davidmason/Pangolin>

  * Ratel is a free open-source and cross-platform
    application to create and maintain SRX 2.0 files [...]
    <http://okapiframework.org/wiki/index.php?title=Ratel>

  * SRXEditor is a free open source cross-platform
    editor of segmentation rules by Maxprograms,
    designed to use Segmentation Rules eXchange (SRX) 2.0.
    <http://www.maxprograms.com/products/srxeditor.html> [1]

None of that is in the Debian repos what I can
see...

No mention of SRX in the [M]ELPAs and no (?) good
Google hits for Emacs and SRX.

Is it this file: [2] Then why the archive link? (from
the SRXEditor page, see URL above) Is this standard
obsoleted or unofficial, perhaps?

[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SRX_Segmentation_Rules_eXchage_LISA_OSCAR_XML_based_Standard
[2]