Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?

From: Gregory Heytings
Subject: Re: Opening multiple files in a single buffer?
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2020 09:52:52 +0000

It's not just that particular use case that I have in mind. As I wrote earlier, the feature I have in mind should not be an additional (minor or major) mode, but a core feature [...]

I'd recommend to aim lower at first. The modes and packages are a big help for people not to step on each other's toes. Trying something new with the approach "I think everyone should have it" is a tall order, especially with a community as diverse as Emacs.

I understand your viewpoint. I'm proposing something, I'm not ordering anything. It just happens that this idea cannot be implemented with a mode or a package, like proportional fonts for example. Making this possible would not change anything for users who would not want to use it. If it is not possible to implement this, or if nobody else thinks it would be useful, that's fine.

Gregory