Automatically modifying the gud-gdb command line

From: Patrick Mahan
Subject: Automatically modifying the gud-gdb command line
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 13:21:41 -0700

Before wandering off into the bowels of the GUD lisp code, I was wonder if
anyone has ever done what I want (I could not find anything on the Emacs
Wiki site nor via google-fu).

Basically, when I am starting a debug session, I enter the command 'gud-gdb
<ENTER>' which then prompts me with 'Run gud-gdb (like this): gdb
--fullname <image>'.  Now I have code that breaks apart a core dump into
its core file and the image that dumped and creates a gdb init file.  I
then modify the command line that gud-gdb prompted me with by adding '-x
gdbinit' and 'core.XXXX' to that line and starting the debug session.

I would like to automate this process (can I pre-config the command line
used by gud-gdb?) so I can possibly turn this into a simple turnkey
procedure that I can then give to our tech-support guys to do the
preliminary phase 1 analysis.  I like the way emacs presents the output,
especially since they will have sources to dump and it is easier in emacs
to walk up the backtrace display source.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Patrick