nnimap-split-methods ?

From: David Masterson
Subject: nnimap-split-methods ?
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 20:43:23 -0700

I've begun setting Gnus to read my mail on outlook.com.  I've my outlook
email to a couple of mailing lists.  I've got my beginning setup working
in that it select outlook via nnimap, pulls down the email, expunges the
email from outlook, and presents me with the Groups list of email. I'm
now trying to add nnimap-split-methods to split the mailing lists out
into separate folders:

(setq nnimap-split-methods
      '(
        ("mail.orgmode" "^\(To:\|Cc:\).*emacs-orgmode@gnu.org")
        ("mail.emacs" "^\(To:\|Cc:\).*help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org")
        ("mail.misc" "")
        )
      )

What happens, though, is all the mail winds up in mail.misc.

Can anyone tell me why?

--
David Masterson