Re: How to reply to message in mailing list?

From: Göktuğ Kayaalp
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2020 11:27:44 +0300

On 2020-09-12 04:12 +03, ej32u@protonmail.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I want to reply to a message in the Devel mailing list, but I don't know how.
>
> When I click on the "Reply to" button under the message, it looks like it only
> gives me the address of the person who sent the message.  Will a reply to that
> sender also reach the rest of the mailing list?

Hi!

The reply to button indeed adds only the recipient of the message.  You
want to CC the message to ‘emacs-devel@gnu.org’ too.

These mailing lists are generally handled using email clients (‘MUAs’)
that know how to handle this sort of stuff automatically, so you might
want to try a program like mutt, or Gnus, mu4e, notmuch, or Rmail in
Emacs.

It’s easier to subscribe to a mailing list, redirect mail from it to
some folder, and read and reply from there.

I looked around but couldn’t find any proper introductory material.  But
if you’re interested and nobody comes up with a link to a good intro, I
can walk you through my setup.

--
İ. Göktuğ Kayaalp / @cadadr / <https://www.gkayaalp.com/>
pgp:   024C 30DD 597D 142B 49AC 40EB 465C D949 B101 2427