Re: Setting keybinding for org-support-shift-select t

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Setting keybinding for org-support-shift-select t
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 20:57:17 +0200

Christopher Dimech wrote:

> but if I want to fire my own function

??? Is this an attempt at trolling? But OK ...

You invoke all interactive functions (commands) the
same way, it doesn't matter if it is your own or
anyone else's.

You can assign them to a keystroke (best for stuff
that is commonly used), and then choose any key or
key combination you'd like (see previous posts).

If you don't want to do that, but instead type the
entire function name, you can do

M-x function-name RET

M-: (function-name [ARGS]) RET

or type (function-name [ARGS]) and evaluate, as in

(forward-char 1)
                ^ evaluate me

You can also use aliases to type whatever you want
instead of the proper name.

> I have used the following to bind it to "<f2> q".
> But what if I want to use "<f2> myagendaa" to fire
> the function myagenda

Do you want to type it, use M-x function-name RET.
You don't need to do anything extra, just write the
interactive function and evaluate it.

If you instead want to assign it to some key, well...
do it!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573