Re: Minor mode hook run when mode is deactivated?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Minor mode hook run when mode is deactivated?
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 09:53:40 -0400

> That makes sense, but it does mean that you cannot put a minor mode onto
> another minor mode hook.[1]

And expect this minor mode to be enabled/disabled along with the
"parent" minor mode?  no, indeed!

> Which is OK, I was just surprised that I wasn't able to find anything about
> this in the documentation.  Is in there and I just didn't search well enough,
> or should it perhaps be added?

`C-h o <foo>-mode-hook RET` should say that it is run both when leaving
and entering.  So either your specific hook failed to mention it, or you
looked in some other part of the doc.  In either case it sounds like you
found a documentation bug, so please report it (it's important then to
say exactly where you looked for that info).

        Stefan