Re: Reading Atom feeds with Gnus

From: Tim Landscheidt
Subject: Re: Reading Atom feeds with Gnus
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2020 02:03:34 +0000

haj@posteo.de (Harald Jörg) wrote:

> I'm moving (back) to Gnus as my mail+news+feed client, after having
> tried another program for some time without being really happy with it.
> During that time, some of the feeds I like to read moved from RSS to
> Atom-only - and I haven't figured out how to read those with Gnus.

> Right now, I'm using news.gwene.org to convert the Atom feeds to NNTP
> which works quite fine.  But this seems to be an unneccessary detour, so
> I'd prefer some "direct" approach.

> So... is there a recommended way to read Atom feeds with Gnus?

I don't know, but I'm very interested as well.  I'm using
newsticker at the moment, but a) that's not Gnus and b) it
seems to react in a fragile manner to not being able to con-
nect to servers (i. e. by just resetting all messages to un-
read).

(The backend duplication between Gnus and newsticker is
probably not helpful.)

Tim