Re: A survey for Emacs users

From: Corwin Brust
Subject: Re: A survey for Emacs users
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 13:09:45 -0500

Appreciate your mentioning here!

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 1:19 AM Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> wrote:

> There is an open survey at the moment for Emacs users. It is not
> official Emacs developers' survey but the content is interesting and
> this mailing list a relevant audience. So I think it's useful for you to
> know:
>
>     https://emacssurvey.org/

The survey was discussed and then announced on the emacs-devel list;
I'll make sure someone has suggested future surveys should be
mentioned here also.

> It is not _my_ survey so I can't answer your questions about it. See the
> web page for info.

I'm not involved with this survey either (other than having completed
it); however, FWIW: I think this person will probably continue their
efforts until something else services users who don't engage with the
mailing lists.  That seems pretty reasonable to me, however small a
fraction of Emacs users that may be (or may eventually become) I
assume we should continue to be interested in why those remaining
don't raise their questions, etc., discuss here, on emacs-devel, etc.

> --
> /// Teemu Likonen - .-.. https://www.iki.fi/tlikonen/

Regards,
Corwin