Re: vterm-module compile error

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: vterm-module compile error
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 16:17:21 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2020-11-01 16:07]:
> > When I am in Xterm or if I am on console, C-n and C-p are in Emacs
> > bindings for shell like cursor up and down and those are normally
> > askin for previous or next history items. That is what I expect
> > when I am on M-x term or M-x vterm or M-x ansi-term as those are
> > terminal emulators.
>
> Well, yes, but then we expect different. I want all the basic cursor
> movements commands to be the same everywhere. Doesn't matter if it is
> vterm, King Khan, or King Kong. I like basic input to be consistent,
> doesn't matter if it is ERC, Gnus, programming, whatever.

I would like to have M-x in Emacs terminal M-x term or M-x ansi-term

(define-key term-mode-map (kbd "M-x") 'execute-extended-command)

is not working. How do you suggest to change it for M-x term?