Re: Auto Fill Comments

From: Arthur Miller
Subject: Re: Auto Fill Comments
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 06:47:47 +0100

Christopher Dimech <dimech@gmx.com> writes:

> Because I thought that I can have a keybinding that cycles
> auto-fill.
What exactly are your trying to cycle? Autofill breaks lines. Works
fine here, I have it always on. I am intrigating by the discussion,
I wonder what is your use case?

> It could be long and hard to do that for every
> major mode.
Aren't minor modes for that use-case.

> There are times when I need to also have the code use auto-fill,
> but not always.  A keybinding cycle could be a solution for every
> major mode.
What exactly are you trying to do?

Maybe it is already done; maybe there is something similar; maybe you
are asking something impossible or very hard. What exactly are you
trying to achieve? A minor mode sounds like something you are looking
for. Have you checked fill commands?

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Fill-Commands.html#Fill-Commands

Maybe you need to puzzle together your own funcionallity for your own
particular workflow.