Re: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers

From: daniela-spit
Subject: Re: Removing line and column number settings from some buffers
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2020 23:19:39 +0100

Got it, thank you.

Am also trying to see what is what.  When I removed some of the options,
the mode line still remained the same.

(setq mode-line-format
   (list
      "%e"
      'mode-line-front-space  'mode-line-mule-info
      'mode-line-client       'mode-line-modified
      'mode-line-remote       'mode-line-frame-identification
      'mode-line-buffer-identification
      " "
      'mode-line-position     '(vc-mode vc-mode)
      " "
      'mode-line-modes        'mode-line-misc-info
      'mode-line-end-spaces) )