[solved] Re: tabulated-list-mode: how to activate button?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: [solved] Re: tabulated-list-mode: how to activate button?
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2020 08:44:47 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <michael_heerdegen@web.de> [2020-12-07 04:32]:
> Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:
>
> > This is how it is in source, similar:
> > (setq args '("Button" 'action (lambda (b) (message (emacs-uptime)))))
>
> Where is that?
>
> > Then apply receives it so like below, it creates button but function
> > is not working.
> >
> > (apply 'insert-text-button "Button" (car args))
>
> AFAIU the property has the name "action" while you pass "'action".

Thank you.

My confusion came from looking into other sources where for tabulated
list-mode they do something like:

                 ,(if (display-mouse-p)
                      (propertize name
                                  'font-lock-face 'bookmark-menu-bookmark
                                  'mouse-face 'highlight
                                  'follow-link t
                                  'help-echo "mouse-2: go to this
                      bookmark in other wi

but now is clear that I cannot use quotes in the same way.

Jean