Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: Orgmode + auctex + reftex + preview latex.
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 10:16:43 +0000

I am LaTeX user since 2 decades. It is right that starting up may be harder.
Once I have got my set of templates and shorts right, then it is easier than
anything else and I need no special mode neither Emacs to produce high quality
documents.

And I think it is same and even worse with visual weird professor such as
LibreOffice. Until the user sets up a template for a letter time will pass.

I have in LaTeX German letter templates, so it is quick and without me thinking
of formatting. Additionally serial letters I can write with any programming
language as any language may output LaTeX. Adjusting addresses nicely to fit
the transparent address window on an envelope is what LaTeX templates help me
with. Many things are already there. System is so much more useful than visual
time wasting word processing.

For books, articles, letters, business correspondence, LaTeX and similar TeX
templates and indispensabile.

Imagine you want to write 30 letters for New Year to various users from various
identities like business, private, make a template, populate with database
field and write your personal message. One click, write message, and the rest
is fine, even printed. Integration like that works with command line processing
like Lout, LaTeX, groff, etc.

With visual stuff it is tedious hand work.