Re: possible bug in ERC? with /say

From: Amin Bandali
Subject: Re: possible bug in ERC? with /say
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2020 22:52:32 -0500

Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor writes:

> Amin Bandali wrote:
>
>>> I have reported this as a bug, let's see what happens.
>>
>> This is indeed a bug, and I have a patch for it. I looked
>> through the recent Emacs bugs on Debbugs as well as the list
>> archives for emacs-erc, but didn't see this report there.
>> Can you please point me to your bug report so I could
>> reference it in the commit message of the fix?
>
> I also looked for it and even asked on gmane.emacs.help, I was
> then told people look thru bugs manually so people won't abuse
> it to send spam, I took this explanation to mean it'd
> eventually turn up at its right place. So no, I didn't see
> it either.

I see.  Did you send it to bug-gnu-emacs,
e.g. using M-x report-emacs-bug RET?
If yes, and if it's already been a day or two,
it might be worth trying to resend and see if
it makes it to debbugs this time around.

If your bug report still does not make it to debbugs,
I'll just reference this thread in the commit message.

Thanks.