Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: Re: Tmux replacement or integration with Emacs.
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2021 10:31:26 +0800

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:50 AM moasenwood--- via Users list for the
GNU Emacs text editor <help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> wrote:

> Jean Louis wrote:
>
> > Emacs is replaceable with `screen' and `tmux' in the
> > functional sense. Maybe Emacs does not have best terminal
> > emulation, but practically users can run multiple shell
> > sessions and Terminal within one Emacs daemon, they may sign
> > off and log in again with sessions remaining intact.
> >
> > Sometimes I was running screen with multiple shell sessions,
> > sometimes running multiple Emacs instances, sometimes Emacs
> > in similar fashion as screen or tmux runnning multiple
> > shell sessions.
>
> BTW I know a book for you :)
>
> @book{tmux,
>   author     = {Brian P Hogan},
>   isbn       = {978-1-93435-696-8},
>   publisher  = {Brian P Hogan},
>   title      = {tmux: Productive Mouse-Free Development},

So, I ask the following question:

Mouse-Free Development, Emacs vs tmux, which is more productive?

>   year       = {2012}
> }
>
> --
> underground experts united
> http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

Theory and Simulation of Materials
Hebei Polytechnic University of Science and Technology engineering
NO. 552 North Gangtie Road, Xingtai, China