Re: Setting variables, argumunts in defun

From: tomas
Subject: Re: Setting variables, argumunts in defun
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2021 17:57:49 +0100

On Sat, Feb 13, 2021 at 05:52:58PM +0100, wael-zwaiter@gmx.com wrote:
> Is the following valid?
>
> (setq-local devi 0.18
>             scal 1.0)

Just ask Emacs: C-h f setq-local says:

    setq-local is a Lisp macro in ‘subr.el’.

    (setq-local [VARIABLE VALUE]...)

      Probably introduced at or before Emacs version 24.

    Make variables in PAIRS buffer-local and assign them the
    corresponding values.

    PAIRS is a list of variable/value pairs.  For each variable,
    make it buffer-local and assign it the corresponding value.
    [rest elided]

So I'd say yes, it is valid. Whether it does what you want it to
do I can't say, because you didn't tell us that :-)

Cheers
 - t