Re: Make Super key work in console

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Make Super key work in console
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 16:37:07 +0100

Jean Louis wrote:

>>> (global-set-key
>>>  [super-key ?\l]
>>>  (lambda ()
>>>    (interactive)
>>>    (message "Manny's skills are uncanny"))
>>
>> add one )
>>
>>>  (global-set-key [super-key ?\t] 'tetris)
>>
>> (global-set-key [super-key t] #'tetris)
>
> Thank you.

np :)

> That one works well, thank you. Now there is workaround for
> Super key to work in console.

Well, it depends what you mean with the Super key but sure it
should give you a bunch of more shortcuts to play with.

> That does not yet solve working in terminal as `loadkeys'
> does not work in terminal.

'terminal' here denotes 'X terminal emulator, e.g. xterm'

"Does not work", well, in a way it does indeed not, because it
isn't an X program :)

> That is good. Now I can make the program to recognize if it
> is console, virtual terminal or X and make it work in
> console accordingly in the same way as how it works in X.

But hold it, X and xterm and all the terminal emulators for
X that's big business compared to the by-design almost (?)
under-featured console. So google what you want for X, either
you will find it really professionally or just forget about it
for all intents and purposes - virtually!

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573