Re: even elder races get tired of waiting

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: even elder races get tired of waiting
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2021 17:19:42 +0300

But again, dates are not numbers:

Like 3 apples minus 1 apple is clearly 2.

But the difference between the date like 2021-03-23 and 2021-03-21 is
then 1 day. Date is not a number, neither a volume of something.

I am confused.

If we ask how many days are from Monday to Friday, we get into various
possible estimates:

1. To count the difference from the begin of Monday to begin of Friday
   making it full 4 days.

2. To count the difference from the end of Monday to begin of Firday,
   making it 3 day only

3. To count the difference from the begin of Monday to end of Friday,
   making it full 5 days.

4. Or to count the difference between the end of Monday to end of
   Friday making it 4 days.

I said I am confused, I have no idea how humans do those calculations
and now do not know what is right or wrong.

Then when I tell them something like:

"The first day of production could be, under all the conditions and
requirements, after 40 days upon the registration of the company and
your arrival. So, you could imagine that you could start getting first
products 24th May 2021."

then I can also assume that other humans who read such statements are
not going to verify discrepancies.

Thus we can safely rely on human error for the results of our
functions calculating day differences to be correct in any case.

Jean