GNU ELPA problem (was: Re: Fix the destroyed disk image partition table

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: GNU ELPA problem (was: Re: Fix the destroyed disk image partition table in a raw image file using Emacs.)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2021 23:15:42 +0200

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> There is hexl library:
>
> As well as the `nhexl-mode` available from GNU ELPA.

This is what happens when I enter GNU ELPA and MELPA:

  Importing package-keyring.gpg...done
  Saving file /home/incal/ooa/dork.el...
  Wrote /home/incal/ooa/dork.el
  Package refresh done
  Packages that can be upgraded: 14; type ā€˜Uā€™ to mark for upgrading.
  package-menu--mark-upgrades-1: Wrong type argument: package-desc, nil

I now believe this is a configuration/extension bug introduced
by YT, however the only thing I did with the intention of
changing anything around that/this area is some trivial Elisp
[last], so do you have any idea based on the above messages
where to look or what to look for? TIA.

Other than that it works fine what I can see.

;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
;;;
;;; this file:
;;;   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/elpa.el
;;;   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/elpa.el

(require 'close)
(require 'package)
(require 'scroll)
(require 'super)

(push '("melpa" . "https://melpa.org/packages/";) package-archives)

(setq-default tabulated-list-use-header-line nil)

(let ((the-map package-menu-mode-map))
  (set-close-key        the-map)
  (set-pane-scroll-keys the-map)
  (set-vertical-keys    the-map) )