Re: Is with-temp-buffer really temporary?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Is with-temp-buffer really temporary?
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2021 12:49:12 -0400

>> > And if Emacs exits, finishes the process, is memory then scraped?
>> Of course not.
> I'd think this is your operating system's job.

Also, given the way computers are currently implemented, the cost of
having to scrape all memory immediately after use would be somewhat
high, especially compared to the benefit:

- most of that memory contains data of no significance, so most of that
  work is wasted.
- it just removes one particular attack vector, among many others, so
  the added security gain is low.

        Stefan