Re: indentation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: indentation
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 10:14:24 -0400

> Yes, it may be a bug/ feature of the F90 mode. But it got annoying only when
> the electric mode was active, otherwise the formatting was controlable
> (e.g. by tab key) and not disturbing.

Indeed.  `electric-indent-mode` presumes that the indentation code
gets it right.  If that's not the case, then you're better off disabling
it (or, as Joost points out, just disabling the reindentation by setting
`electric-indent-inhibit`).

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't try to make the indentation "do the
right thing" ;-)

        Stefan