Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languag

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: outline-minor-mode and org-mode capabilities for programming languages
Date: Sun, 9 May 2021 20:50:47 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-09 20:36]> > I can think that you barely use
TAB in Emacs Lisp, but I use
> > it very frequently to indent the lines, including to indent
> > lines when region is active, and often I may use it on the
> > whole marked buffer.
>
> You barely use it, but you use it all the time ... and so do
> I :)

Correction tip: when outline-minor-mode-cycle is TRUE, as functions
are usually anyway on the beginning of the line, the TAB works just
well to open and close the function.

Try it.

It is addictive. It gives clarity when working.

Interesting is "Hide others" it hides everything else but the function
you are editing, not bad and similar to narrowing.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/