Re: outline-regexp) using ";; *+ " for elisp code

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: outline-regexp) using ";; *+ " for elisp code
Date: Tue, 11 May 2021 10:19:58 +0200

On Tue, May 11 2021, Christopher Dimech wrote:
> Any reason why using rgc does not work, whereas things are good when I use
> the string directly in the call "make-local-variable"?
>
>    (setq-local rgc ";;; \\*+ ")

Where is this call? =setq-local= sets the variable's value in the buffer in
which it is executed. If this call is in your init file, it's not going to have
any effect on your Emacs session.

In your init file, you'll want =defvar= or =defvar-local=. (Note, the =local=
part
here does not have the same meaning as the =local= part in =setq-local=. See the
doc strings for details.)

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments