Re: Flymake for elisp does not respect `load-path`

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Flymake for elisp does not respect `load-path`
Date: Sat, 15 May 2021 11:43:30 -0400

Max Brieiev [2021-05-15 14:50:50] wrote:
> In elisp buffer, flymake reports an error for the following line:
>
> (require 'dash)
>
> The reported error is "Cannot open load file: No such file or directory,
> dash".
>
> dash is obviously on `load-path`. How can I make flymake happy?

Flymake runs the byte-compiler is another Emacs session, so what you see
is a result of an interaction between the way flymake starts this other
Emacs and the way you set the `load-path` in your Emacs's configuration.

To see if it should be considered "your fault" or "flymake's fault",
we'd need more details about your config.  I suggest you file a bug
report for that (even if it's "your fault", maybe we could improve the
diagnostics or the documentation to make it easier to track down).

        Stefan