Re: [External] : Re: What can cause downcasing in Emacs Lisp code?

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: [External] : Re: What can cause downcasing in Emacs Lisp code?
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 00:00:24 +0300

* Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> [2021-05-21 23:43]:
> > During few months I found my sources downcased partially,
> > but if 30% downcased it seem as region was downcased, I
> > just don't remember marking that much of region.
>
> OK, here's the thing...
>
> `downcase-region' and some other commands that act on the
> region are _very old_.  They predate even the existence of
> `transient-mark-mode', let alone the turning ON of that
> mode by default.

Could be. I have some key binding like C-c l and maybe I make mistake
and press C-x C-l -- but hooo. when I pressed it on this line without
region all line was downcased.

"when used as a command, the text between point and the mark is
operated on." -- which means my mark could be anywhere in the file,
and if i press c-x c-l anywhere down, without marked region, all the
text would be marked. That is what makes it invisible.

So that could be that, thank you Sherlock.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/