Re: law question

From: Jean Louis
Subject: Re: law question
Date: Sat, 22 May 2021 00:30:39 +0300

* Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
<help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org> [2021-05-22 00:22]:
> Christopher Dimech wrote:
>
> > We would need more details, e.g. the original release
> > license. If it is to be free software the implementation
> > went be different if the two licences are incompatible.
>
> Should we assume the worst-case scenario?

Ah no, it is software, if it is in your hands, it is as
yours...

Licenses are only there to defend in courts, which should never
happen. But in Sweden, who knows...

Btw. I have always respected free software licenses but never
proprietary licenses. It is sad world without Warez.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

https://stallmansupport.org/