Re: No such file or directory, popup

From: Philip Kaludercic
Subject: Re: No such file or directory, popup
Date: Tue, 25 May 2021 17:05:06 +0000

pauline-galea@gmx.com writes:

>> What does
>>
>>      $ apt list --installed | grep elpa
>>
>> say?
>
> We are getting somewhere, it reports
>
> elpa-auto-complete/etiona,etiona,now 1.5.1-0.1 all [installed]
> elpa-popup/etiona,etiona,now 0.5.3-1 all [installed,automatic]

I tried looking into the packages (at least on Debian), and couldn't
find out what the reason it. auto-complete depends on popup-0.5.0, which
should be satisfied by popup-0.5.3.

My best guess is that there is some configuration issue with Debian's
packaging.

Either way, I try to stick to package.el, because it usually makes
maintaining a package list easier and portable, at the downside of
requiring extra maintenance.

--
        Philip K.