Re: Integrating eev and org-capture/org-capture-set-target-location

From: Eduardo Ochs
Subject: Re: Integrating eev and org-capture/org-capture-set-target-location
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 2021 19:28:41 -0300

On Fri, 4 Jun 2021 at 15:17, Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> wrote:

> Not working here, eev mode is always on. Maybe I did not load some
> library?
>
> eval: Symbol’s function definition is void: find-orgnode
>
> > Are the sexp hyperlinks to videos working well for you?

Ouch! My fault, sorry!

I was sure that there was a line like this

  (code-c-d "org" (ee-locate-library "org") :info "org")

in the list of `code-c-d's that are run by default, that is here:

  (find-eev "eev-code.el" "code-c-d-s")
  http://angg.twu.net/eev-current/eev-code.el.html#code-c-d-s

But no, my (code-c-d "org" ...) is only in my ~/.emacs. I'll fix this
in the next eev version - but a temporary solution is to just execute
the code-c-d sexp above. Try this, and after that try again the
`find-orgnode' sexp hyperlinks from the other e-mail... let me copy
them here for convenience:

  (find-orgnode "Capture templates" "file+headline")
  (find-orgnode "Template elements" "\ntarget")

About the videos: nowadays I have a good connection and when I'm home
I can usually open a video on youtube in about 10 seconds, but this is
a new situation for me, and I have lots of reasons for wanting to make
everything in eev usable in situations in which the internet is very
slow or intermittent - like in the campus in which I work, or more
precisely in which I work when we're not in quarentine...

The docs of eev refer to some videos - the eight ones listed here:

  http://angg.twu.net/eev-intros/find-videos-intro.html#1
  (find-videos-intro "1. Some videos")

All of them can be downloaded with wget, and a sexp like this one

  (find-eevvlinksvideo "0:00")

creates a temporary buffer with several ways to access the video -
including a way to wget it from my site as an MP4 file, and to play
the local copy of the MP4. In this case the shell commands in the
temporary buffer are these ones,

  export S=$HOME/snarf
  mkdir -p $S/http/angg.twu.net/eev-videos/
  cd       $S/http/angg.twu.net/eev-videos/
  wget -nc 'http://angg.twu.net/eev-videos/2021-video-links.mp4'

and the video has 15 minutes and 29 megabytes. Downloading videos from
youtube requires an updated version of youtube-dl and involves a lot
of overhead; downloading an MP4 with wget is much simpler - and I hope
that this becomes a more popular way to share videos about Emacs.

So: if you have 29 megabytes of bandwidth to spare, try the
`find-eevvlinksvideo' sexp above! =)

  Cheers,
    Eduardo Ochs
    http://angg.twu.net/#eev