Re: using flyspell-region from another function

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: using flyspell-region from another function
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 03:19:57 +0200

henri-biard wrote:

> Have written a function that calls "flyspell-region".

But that already exists...?

> Naturally this needs the BEG and END of the region to be
> passed. How should I call flyspell-region, meaning, what
> should I pass to it ?

It can look like this:

(defun sort-second-field (beg end)
  (interactive "r")
  (sort-fields 2 beg end) )
(defalias 's2f #'sort-second-field)

You can also make it more generic, for example this which is
DWIM interactively (region if region, 0->point if not), and
from Lisp with args beg->end, and from Lisp w/o args the whole
buffer! so 4 ways to invoke!

(defun count-chars (&optional beg end)
  (interactive
   (if (use-region-p)