Re: Useful completion package in GNU ELPA

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Useful completion package in GNU ELPA
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2021 11:24:46 +0200

Yuchen Pei <hi@ypei.me> writes:

Hi Yuchen,

>> Today I have started using the GNU ELPA package
>> `aggressive-completion'. It speeds up my workflow. It cuts down the
>> time of work to 30% of what was before.
>
> Thanks for the recommendation. I gave it a try, got frustrated by the
> lack of cycling in the minibuffer, and then discovered (emacs
> builtin?) icomplete-mode, which I'm now using instead of the
> aggressive-completion-mode :)

aggressive-completion-mode basically hits TAB for you and then it is
obvious that it must disable cycling.  Otherwise, it would cycle after
every command if the remaining completions are below
completion-cycle-threshold.

But it disabled cycling only during its own stuff, so you can still TAB
yourself and get cycling depending on your setting of
completion-cycle-threshold.

Bye,
Tassilo