Re: Delete emails of my Gmail account which doesn't relevant to me.

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: Delete emails of my Gmail account which doesn't relevant to me.
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 06:37:15 +0200

Hongyi Zhao wrote:

> Currently, I've so many emails in the Inbox of Gmail
> account, around 263821 entries. I want to efficiently delete
> the ones which doesn't relevant to me, i.e., not include my
> email address in the From/To/CC/BCC fileds. Can I do this
> job with Emacs?

Yes, if your client is Emacs Gnus you can use mail splitting,
see `nnmail-split-methods', after you set that up, and there
are helpers that use can use to test if the rule would take
the article (mail) to the correct group (without actually
moving it, so you can refine until perfect), when that is done
you can do a "respool", something like this

(defun gnus-summary-respool-all ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((lines (count-lines (point-min) (point-max))))
    (goto-char (point-min))
    (gnus-summary-respool-article lines
     (gnus-find-method-for-group "nnml:mail.misc") )))

and all set :)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal