Re: Need assistance in figuring out what reformats my code on save

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Need assistance in figuring out what reformats my code on save
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 20:43:43 +0200

Steinar Bang <sb@dod.no> writes:

> Are there any other hooks that could be involved?

Maybe, although before-save-hook seems like a plausible candidate.

> Is there reformatting on save that don't use hooks?

You could use an advice but why would anyone do that given that there
are suitable hooks.

I'd try evaluating

  (add-hook 'before-change-functions #'debug nil t)

in a buffer where that formatting before save happens and then save.
That should put you in the debugger and the backtrace will hopefully
show you who and from where the formatting is triggered.

HTH,
Tassilo