Re: Debugging SMIE for sh-script.el

From: Kévin Le Gouguec
Subject: Re: Debugging SMIE for sh-script.el
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2021 19:40:31 +0200

Nikolay Kudryavtsev <nikolay.kudryavtsev@gmail.com> writes:

> Anyway, I still think that even in this case, changing
> sh-smie--indent-continuation is a better idea than touching the token
> grab code. Just to test I've coded an implementation of it
> <https://gist.github.com/sg2002/43bbd454da3254f4d092e2758057c372>,
> that behaves correctly for Kevin's use case. Needs more testing, but
> seems to work ok in general.

Thanks for taking a stab at fixing that use-case; if I am not mistaken
though, your implementation reverts Dario's good work from bug#44592:
the test case Lars added fails when I run make -C test sh-script-tests.

NB: I'm reporting this only for due diligence, since I'm the one who
caused you to spend time on this issue.  I don't want to waste more of
your time on it; the current state of affairs isn't overly horrible.

I've added this itch to my ever-growing pile; I might scratch it next
time I open a shell script buffer, if no-one beats me to it :)