S-TAB, <S-tab>, and <backtab>

From: Hongyi Zhao
Subject: S-TAB, <S-tab>, and <backtab>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2021 18:16:24 +0800

On Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS, I use the latest git master version of Emacs
compiled by myself. According to the note here [1], I want to bind the
`company-select-previous' command of company package to `Shift Tab',
and tried the following configuration:

;;;
(use-package company
  :demand t
  :bind
  ( :map company-active-map
   [...]

   ("S-TAB" . company-select-previous)
   ;or
   ("<S-tab>" . company-select-previous)
   ;or
   ("<backtab>" . company-select-previous)
   [...]
;;;

But based on my tries, only the following binding is valid:

("<backtab>" . company-select-previous)

[1] https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsKeyNotation

Any hints for this problem will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Theory and Simulation of Materials
No. 473, Quannan West Street, Xindu District, Xingtai, Hebei province